Send As SMS

Marmot Days

Tuesday, January 17

SAD CANADIAN MILITARY ?

A soldier's perspective - truth about equipment

"Every time anything happens to Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, everyone with a beef against the current federal government seems to feel the need to ratchet-jaw on about the poor, wretchedly equipped Canadian military. As someone who’s been issued all the kit, and who has had access to the stuff other countries are using, I find this tendency extremely irritating."

"But for the love of God, I think back to the Army I joined in 1987, and the 1950’s pattern webbing and 1950’s vintage equipment I was originally issued with. I think back to the vehicles we used to drive, the clothing we used to wear, and frankly the attitudes we used to have, and I don’t even recognize us."


Farfromcanadahar » Kit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home